Although chiropractors train to treat a range of health issues, not just back pain, majority of patients go to chiropractors for back and neck pain relief. Some patients also seek chiropractic care for headaches and migraines, vehicular accidents, sports injuries, repetitive motion strains or injuries, and different types of arthritis, commonly osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
What You Should Know about Back Pain
When you’re experiencing back pain and want to treat it using the most natural way possible, Apollochiropractor.com says back pain relief in Salt Lake City can come in the form of chiropractic care. Look at these facts:
- Based on the Global Burden of Disease 2010 study, lower back pain is the top cause of disability globally.
- Over 35% of patients receive lower or upper back pain chiropractic treatments, while 20% receive neck pain treatments.
- According to experts, up to 80% of people worldwide may experience back pain issues at some point in their lives.
- In the United States alone, an estimated $50 billion goes to treating back pain annually. This number only includes easily identifiable expenses.
- Majority of back pain cases are non-organic or mechanical, which means they’re not a result of severe medical conditions like infections, inflammatory arthritis, cancer, or fractures.
- In the U.S., the most common reason for missing work is back pain. It’s one of the most common complaints during consultations in doctors’ offices, second only to upper respiratory issues
- Approximately half of hardworking Americans complain about back pain every year.
Chiropractic Care for Back Pain Relief
Chiropractic care is a drug-free, non-invasive health discipline founded on the scientific premise that the body can regulate and heal itself. For back pain relief, chiropractic care will focus on improving the relationship between your body’s parts.
This mainly involves your spine and your pelvic region, and functions, as organized by your nervous system, and how this relationship can positively impact, restore, and preserve your overall health. Your chiropractor will use chiropractic adjustment or spinal manipulation and massage therapy, as well as nutritional and diet counseling, if required, for the treatment.
When you feel pain, it’s hard to concentrate on your tasks. Keep being productive by solving back pains as soon as possible.